Flathead Indian Irrigation Project
ITRC was contracted by the US Bureau of Indian Affairs to develop a modernization plan for the Flathead Indian Irrigation Project. The modernization plan encompassed all twelve “units” that make up the large, sprawling irrigation project. The plan focused on the following goals:
- Enable USBIA to better control and measure flows with less uncertainty
- Improve service with increased water delivery reliabilty, flexiblity and equity
- Streamline processes for decisions to aid employee retention and training
- Decrease unnecessary diversions
- Decrease operational spill, thereby improving river quality
Click on the image below for a visual summary of the project.