Evaluation of Existing Agricultural Nitrate Control Programs
This site is intended as a resource for background information and updates for the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Nitrogen Task Force Expert Panel.
Expert Panel Meetings
- Presentation of Conclusions by Expert Panel to State Water Board (September 23, 2014) [video]
- Agricultural Expert Panel Final Report to the State Water Board (September 9, 2014) [pdf]
- ITRC Agricultural Expert Panel
- UC Davis Report for the SWRCB SBX2 1 Report to the Legislature
- State Water Resources Control Board Releases
- CDFA Nitrogen Task Force
- Irrigated Lands Regulatory Programs
- Regional Coalitions
For general region-specific information please visit the Regional Water Board homepages:
- Region 1: North Coast
- Region 2: San Francisco Bay
- Region 3: Central Coast
- Region 4: Los Angeles
- Region 5: Central Valley
- Region 6: Lohontan
- Region 7: Colorado River
- Region 8: Santa Ana
- Region 9: San Diego
Questions? Comments? Please use our online Contact Form.
Recommendation 14 of the State Water Board’s report to the Legislature was to convene a panel of experts to assess existing agricultural nitrate control programs and develop recommendations, as needed, to ensure that ongoing efforts are protective of groundwater supply quality. The State Water Board has contracted with ITRC in these efforts.