Sierra Orvis Layous
Senior Irrigation Engineer
Office: BRAE 08A-022C
- Drip and Microirrigation Distribution Uniformity (DU) evaluation
- Online class development
- District-wide modernization planning
- Automation and SCADA systems
- Water system energy auditing
Education and Registration:
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, emphasis on water engineering - California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA, 2010
- B.S., BioResource and Agricultural Engineering, emphasis on irrigation engineering - California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA, 2009
- Registered Civil Engineer, California
Publications and Presentations
- Styles, S., S. Layous, and S. Crable. 2014. Winegrape Vineyards and Winery Operations: Energy Efficiency/Sustainability and Expansion Irrigation Training & Research Center, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California, USA. ITRC Report No. R 14-002. 69 pp.
- Orvis, S., C.M. Burt, L.P. Urrestarazu. 2011. "Characteristics of Irrigation Pump Performance in Major Irrigated Areas of California".
Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Irrigation and Drainage. United States Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (USCID). Nov. 15-18, 2011. San Diego, CA.
- Burt, C.M., S. Orvis, and N. Alexander. 2010. "Canal Seepage Reduction by Soil Compaction".
Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. 136.7 (2010): 479-485.
- Styles, S.W., C.M. Burt, F. Gaudi, and S. Orvis.
2008. "Accuracy of Global Microirrigation Distribution Uniformity Estimates".
Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. 134.3 (2008):